Global Gateway Advisors
81 Prospect Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy tackling problems, working through possible scenarios and delivering solutions? Are you passionate about helping clients of all types drive positive societal change?
We are always looking to connect with people to join our growing team. To apply to the positions below, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com (staff positions) or firstname.lastname@example.org (internship positions).
We have the following open positions:
Fall/Winter 2018 Intern
We are seeking candidates who exhibit a desire to work at the intersection of public affairs and global business. Ideal candidates are self-starters, multitaskers and detail-oriented, and are able to execute and follow through on their own and others' ideas and thrive in our entrepreneurial environment. In return, our interns receive exposure to opportunities for professional growth and participation across a range of projects that contribute to the success of our firm and clients.
- Conducting and analyzing research on a variety of topics related to healthcare, education, nonprofits, corporate affairs and global business
- Drafting and editing communications materials, including research briefs, backgrounders, pitches, press releases, etc.
- Working with the team to develop and execute communication programs
- Developing media relationships and creating media opportunities for clients
- Monitoring media of interest and tracking/analyzing topics and themes
- Leading an intern project based on own interests and the firm's needs
- Strong interest in public affairs & global business communications
- Ability to jump in where needed, work independently and within a team
- Superior research, writing and editing skills
- Steller communication and organizational skills
- Recent college grads and undergraduate students (preferably seniors)
- Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, English or Political Science majors preferred
- Previous PR or communications experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Social media savvy, with experience using Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other key platforms
- Length: September - December 2018 (Exact start + end dates are flexible)
- Hours: Full Time (M-F; 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM) or Part Time (days and hours for discussion based on availability)
- Compensation: Paid
- How to apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Questions? Read our Internship FAQ.
Global Gateway Advisors is seeking an energetic individual with exceptional initiative, a collaborative mindset and a strong work ethic to join our firm as an Account Executive. Account Executives are the cornerstone of our client service teams. They keep the teams on task for deliverables, write content, coordinate events, liaise with media, manage social media and monitoring. Our Account Executives are well-organized, skilled multi-taskers and resourceful problem-solvers.
- Coordinates research, logistics and timelines for client projects
- Handles coordination of client status meetings
- Writes and edits press releases, pitch letters, backgrounders, fact sheets, spokesperson bios, etc.
- Conducts media relations and social media projects as appropriate, including but not limited to, media monitoring, media list development, pitch and media materials development, pitching, social media content creation
- Organizes events including media briefings, webinars, Live social events, VIP receptions, etc.
- Conducts research as needed to support client initiatives
- Manages monitoring for social and traditional media on behalf of clients and tracks, analyzes topics/themes
- Manages junior team members including interns, ensuring high quality and accurate work is completed on time
- Supports 3-4 accounts
- Participates in new business brainstroms
- Conducts reserach on new business projects
- Ensures accuracy of all written projects, including fact-checking and referencing documents as needed
- Encourges regular feedback from manager and team members
- Writes grammatically, with clarity and concision; pays close attention to detail when editing and reviewing document
Initiative + Flexibility
- Manages assigned projects with appropriate supervision
- Is a flexible multi-tasker, adept at juggling more than one project, account or deadline at a time
- Shows initiative for bringing new ideas or ways of approaching projects to the team
- Demonstrates flexibility in working across teams and ability to adapt to project needs, different team working styles, etc.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to better understand sectors
- BA/BS in a relevant field, such as but not limited to: Communications/Marketing/Public Relations, Political Science, Journalism
- Has some professional work experience in a related field, e.g., 1 year agency and/or completed agency or public affairs internship
- Demonstrates good judgment and can solve problems independently when needed
- Is a good listener and displays empathy and respect towards clients and coworkers; can give and receive constructive feedback
- Semesters abroad, fluency in another language, a love of travel and a globalist world view are desirable
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, familiarity with Adobe Suite and Word Press programs a plus
Have an idea you’d like to bring to life? A reputation challenge we can help you navigate? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your communications needs.