Global Gateway Advisors
81 Prospect Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy tackling problems, working through possible scenarios and delivering solutions? Are you passionate about helping clients of all types drive positive societal change?
We are always looking to connect with people to join our growing team. To apply to the positions below, please send both your cover letter and resume to email@example.com (staff positions) or firstname.lastname@example.org (internship positions).
We have the following open positions:
Summer 2019 Internship applications have now closed. For more information on future internship opportunities or to express interest in a fall internship, contact email@example.com.
Seeking an internship that provides real-world, hands-on experience every day? Then join our team -- because Global Gateway Advisors interns tell us that’s exactly what they receive.
“I never expected to be integrated within the team and contributing at so many levels.” Our interns play a core role in our DUMBO, Brooklyn-based team. Interns are invited to collaborate with team members at all levels and engage with clients. We consider our interns our colleagues.
“I gained real skills -- beyond traditional communications -- that I can take with me to school and beyond.” Our goal is to make sure our interns feel a sense of ownership, accomplishment and pride in the work they do. We provide experience supporting our clients on their day-to-day communications programs, participating in brainstorms for new business, taking part in professional development and learning how a communications consultancy works.
We are a growing team of communicators focused on helping companies, nonprofits, organizations and governments to establish, grow, enhance and protect their reputation through dialogue and influencer engagement. We specialize in corporate public affairs, health, technology, finance and social impact.
We look forward to learning more about you and discussing a potential internship at our firm!
- Conduct and analyze research on a variety of topics for clients in technology, healthcare and global business, including the development of company backgrounders, social listening reports and background on media.
- Draft and edit communications materials, such as media lists, pitches, press releases, etc.
- Work with the team to develop and execute communication programs, including the development of client objectives and strategies, program plans and outlines, etc.
- Monitor client news to develop media and social media reports summarizing and analyzing relevant topics and themes.
- Lead an intern project based on own interests and the firm’s needs with guidance and support from other team members.
- Passion for global issues and communications
- Ability to jump in where needed, work independently and within a team
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and communication information
- Well organized and strong time management
- Eager to learn and collaborate
- Responsive and nimble
- A sense of humor!
- Recent college grads and undergraduate students (preferably rising seniors)
- Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or Political Science majors preferred
- Previous PR or communications agency experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Social media savvy, with experience using Twitter, LinkedIn and other key platforms
- Length: June – August 2019 (Exact start + end dates are flexible)
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
- Compensation: Paid
- How to apply: Summer 2019 Internship applications have now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about future internship opportunities.
- Questions? Read our Internship FAQ.
Global Gateway Advisors is seeking an energetic individual with exceptional initiative, a collaborative mindset and a strong work ethic to join our firm as an Account Executive. Account Executives are the cornerstone of our client service teams. They keep the teams on task for deliverables, write content, coordinate events, liaise with media, manage social media and monitoring. Our Account Executives are well-organized, skilled multi-taskers and resourceful problem-solvers.
- Coordinates research, logistics and timelines for client projects
- Handles coordination of client status meetings
- Writes and edits press releases, pitch letters, backgrounders, fact sheets, spokesperson bios, etc.
- Conducts media relations and social media projects as appropriate, including but not limited to, media monitoring, media list development, pitch and media materials development, pitching, social media content creation
- Organizes events including media briefings, webinars, Live social events, VIP receptions, etc.
- Conducts research as needed to support client initiatives
- Manages monitoring for social and traditional media on behalf of clients and tracks, analyzes topics/themes
- Manages junior team members including interns, ensuring high quality and accurate work is completed on time
- Supports 3-4 accounts
- Participates in new business brainstorms
- Conducts research on new business projects
- Ensures accuracy of all written projects, including fact-checking and referencing documents as needed
- Encourages regular feedback from manager and team members
- Writes grammatically, with clarity and concision; pays close attention to detail when editing and reviewing document
Initiative + Flexibility
- Manages assigned projects with appropriate supervision
- Is a flexible multi-tasker, adept at juggling more than one project, account or deadline at a time
- Shows initiative for bringing new ideas or ways of approaching projects to the team
- Demonstrates flexibility in working across teams and ability to adapt to project needs, different team working styles, etc.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to better understand sectors
- BA/BS in a relevant field, such as but not limited to: Communications/Marketing/Public Relations, Political Science, Journalism
- Has some professional work experience in a related field, e.g., 1 year agency and/or completed agency or public affairs internship
- Demonstrates good judgment and can solve problems independently when needed
- Is a good listener and displays empathy and respect towards clients and coworkers; can give and receive constructive feedback
- Semesters abroad, fluency in another language, a love of travel and a globalist world view are desirable
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, familiarity with Adobe Suite and Word Press programs a plus
Account Supervisor (Global Health)
Global Gateway Advisors is seeking an Account Supervisor of exceptional initiative and strong health sector experience. Our Account Supervisors lead client teams and drive development and implementation of influencer engagement and media relations programs that are strategic, creative and effective. As our firm’s key point of client engagement, Account Supervisors are responsible for delivering the highest levels of service, strengthening client relationships and growing business. As future firm leaders, they engage, lead and inspire our teams.
- Lead strategy and account management for client programs
- Build solid client relationships through open communication and regular client interaction
- Lead client meetings/calls and associated projects
- Develop and manage client partnerships and influencer or advocacy programs to support program goals
- Direct teams and junior staff to execute work outlined in client programs, including content development, influencer and advocacy campaigns, media and social media engagement
- Successfully manage all aspects of project timelines, budgets and deliverables and independently oversee assigned project workstreams
- Anticipate potential problems/challenges before they arise and propose solutions
- Ensure deliverables are on target, on budget and on time
- Support preparation for new business opportunities, including directing research assignments to inform program concepts, program architecture development, etc.
- Take leading role in coordinating and participating in new business presentations
- Provide direct and constructive feedback to junior team members, supporting them in developing fundamental skill sets (writing, research, logistics, etc.)
- Encourage regular feedback from managers and team members
- Proactively seek or regularly lead key aspects of client interactions to further develop client communication skills
Initiative + Flexibility
- Show an ongoing willingness to gain knowledge and make significant contributions to the team
- Manage assigned projects and know when manager/senior leadership review is required vs. when to independently keep projects moving, providing updates as appropriate
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness and attempt to work through issues independently
- Show flexibility in working across teams and ability to adapt to project needs, different team working styles
- Take initiative to seek training on company processes/procedures and skill set building
Teamwork + Ladership
- Motivate teams to engage and collaborate across projects and within the firm
- Mentor and train junior team members on all aspects of communications skills development
- Manage direct reports including goal setting, performance reviews, 1:1 meetings, etc.
- Recognized by peers and managers for consistent and proactive contributions to the team
- Lead internal planning meetings and brainstorm sessions, with clear structure and deliverables
- BA/BS degree or higher and minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in global health communications (including communications consulting or public relations agencies, or equivalent combination of agency and non-agency experience)
- Well versed and experienced in various sectors of healthcare market from global advocacy to pharma/biotech
- Experience studying abroad, fluency in a foreign language, love of travel and globalist world view are desirable
- Experience in developing and implementing integrated content strategies across a variety of channels
- Strong project management, organizational and public relations skills
- Excellent judgment, the ability to respond quickly and solve problems independently, yet recognize when managers should be consulted
- Excellent initiative and work ethic
- Team player; ability to work cooperatively across teams
- Delivers and accepts feedback well
- Possess strong writing and editing skills for all types of written materials, corporate and executive communication, including news releases, executive talking points and Q&A preparation
- Own strong media relationships within the health media, and have in-depth knowledge on how to engage with business, consumer and trade health media
Have an idea you’d like to bring to life? A reputation challenge we can help you navigate? Contact us at email@example.com to discuss your communications needs.